Artrodyl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Forum: Extra Features

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Headzers

Headzers

The Forum: Extra Features Empty
PostSubject: The Forum: Extra Features   The Forum: Extra Features Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2009, 7:12 pm

So, while I was researching more things about this type of forum, I found a few cool things that will make this forum a little more attracting.

The first thing I found was that there was a chatbox that could be added into this forum. I set it to be at the bottom of the page. Every time you log on, try to join the chat box just in case someone comes in without noticing you. It's a good way to talk to people you can't talk to online in Runescape. If you want to make it bigger, just click "join the chat" right above the chat box.

The next thing I found was the point system. Every time you make topic or respond to a thread, you get some points. It's not the same for every forum. For example, you get more points in the Guides forum than you do for posting in the off-topic section. The problem is, if you delete your post or thread, you don't lose points. They stay there. So please DO NOT ABUSE the points system. Don't start making posts, then deleting them, and then repeating it. That's not being a good sport.

Lastly, there's a reputation system. You cannot raise your own reputation. It just won't allow you to raise your own. This reputation is just like the one on youtube where you rate people's comments with a thumbs up (+) or a thumbs down (-). So, if you think they made a good post or comment, give them a plus. If you think it was rude, or not as good, you could give them a minus. An added feature to this is the "Thanks" button. Instead of raising the reputation by 1, it will raise that person's reputation by 3.

I think that covers everything new, so if you have any more questions about the forum, just respond to this post.

Last edited by Head Space2 on June 27th 2009, 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tjc.org

The Forum: Extra Features
Page 1 of 1